The research group in Cognitive Neuroscience of UAM (NeCog-UAM) uses Electroencephalography (EEG) to investigate the neural mechanisms underlying cognitive processing.
Our research lines are focused on the study of:
- the neural mechanisms of attention and its influence in perception,
- the brain mechanisms underlying the interaction between attention and emotion,
- the neural mechanisms related to memory in healthy and pathological populations,
- the brain oscillatory patterns undergoing the interaction between attention and the content of memory, and
- the neuronal oscillatory activity characteristic of different levels of brain functioning.